The Blake Annex, the Capital Region’s innovative hub for collaborative non-profit organizations, formally opens its doors to the public. The coworking community’s opening also commemorates the 192nd birthday of Adam Blake Jr., the nineteenth-century Black entrepreneur of whom is the namesake of the center.
“Over the past few months, we’ve worked quietly to create a space where everyone in the Capital Region can come to make a difference,” said Gannon. “In that time thousands of visitors, dozens of organizations and of course our members have shown this is an idea that is getting results. Today’s milestone is just the start of what will be a number of times to reflect on the partnerships formed, relationships developed, and successes shared within these walls — but with an impact that goes far beyond this corner of Pearl Street.”
“Nonprofits work better together. We, the collective, “we” work better and stronger together. The vision for The Blake Annex, as it stands now and what it will be in the future, will reshape the landscape of the nonprofit sector for years to come. The possibilities are infinite.” said Angelique Powell, community manager of the Blake Annex. “The Blake Annex will continue to serve as an amplifier and administrator so our nonprofit partners can focus their passion, energy, talent and institutional knowledge where it is most needed; the communities they serve.”
Some organization leaders, such as Danny Hairston of the SHRED Foundation, have decided to move their headquarters to the Blake Annex. The space allows many organizations to adapt their private offices into exactly what is needed for their operations and programming. The facility is a modern work environment for nonprofit leaders and Capital Region professionals to network, collaborate, and work towards aligned goals together.
“I’m pleased to celebrate the Blake Annex on its official grand opening,” said State Senator Neil D. Breslin. “This tremendous space in downtown Albany will assist nonprofits and professionals offer improved services for our community.”
“Congratulations to the Blake Annex on a long-awaited grand opening and for their investment here in the success of Downtown Albany,” said Assemblymember Patricia A. Fahy. “A dynamic coworking space that local non-profits, professionals, entrepreneurs, and more are able to take advantage of will be complemented by its location in the center core of the Capital Region. Kudos to Pete Gannon, and so many more for making this project a reality and for locating in the downtown of New York’s Capital City.”
“COVID-19 has changed the way people view their daily work life forever, and the Blake Annex is helping some of our most important local nonprofits and businesses adapt to the future and provide their staff with the flexibility they desire,” said Albany County Executive Daniel P. McCoy. “United Way of the Greater Capital Region and Peter Gannon have been key partners before and throughout the pandemic and on behalf of Albany County, I want to congratulate them on this latest venture that is helping to breathe new life into Downtown Albany.”
- Day Pass ($25) – come on in and set up for the day in our open coworking space. Whether you’re in town for the day or are in need of an escape from your usual office setup, we’re happy to host you at our daily rate.
- Community Membership ($100/mo. for eight days) – the Community Membership grants you eight full coworking days per month at The Blake Annex. Use them however you like for maximum flexibility and to make your workday a little more fun, energizing and of course, productive.
- Full-time Coworking ($250/mo.) – if you or your organization is in startup mode or you’re looking for maximum opportunities to network and connect, become a full-time coworking member at The Blake Annex. You’ll have access to our entire open coworking space where you can choose a new setup every day or simply settle into a routine spot.
- Dedicated Desk ($575/mo.) – dedicated desks for the small nonprofit team or individual employee that wants a permanent space within our community. It’s your desk and your desk only.
- Private Office Suites (call 518.545.5520 to inquire) – private offices at The Blake Annex put your nonprofit at the center of it all. You’ll have your own place just steps away from many other like minded individuals where there will be plenty of nonprofit power under one roof. Our offices can accommodate anywhere from one to 20 employees, with options to add coworking, dedicated desks and other memberships on.
- Mailbox Membership ($100/mo.) – if you don’t need a seat to sit in but do need a place to send your mail, consider joining The Blake Annex with a mailbox membership and give your address an upgrade.
- Book of Passes ($175/10 passes) – a Book of Passes allows you to visit our space 10 times throughout the year, and to redeem your passes at your own pace –whether you want to plan your trips here each week or month, save them for a rainy day or come in for one solid month! The choice is yours. Limited to one purchase per year, per member.