Meet the first half of 40 Under 40 honorees for 2023
Megan Druckman opened high-end retailer Lola Saratoga after years learning the market at Bloomingdale’s in New York City.
Nia LaParl quickly climbed the ladder at BST and became one of six equity partners this year, with a focus on impacting the firm’s operations and culture.
And entrepreneur Ravi Modasra has been around the hospitality industry his whole life – he grew up answering phones and making beds at his family’s hotel. He’s now a principal at The Mohawk Cos. development company and recently started his own brokerage.
These are just a few of the names that make up the 40 Under 40 Class of 2023.
The Business Review has been honoring young professionals in the region for over two decades. Past 40 Under 40 winners have risen to the tops of their companies. They are entrepreneurs and dealmakers, job creators and innovators. And most importantly, they continue to shape the Capital Region.
Honorees were selected from a pool of about 250 nominations by an advisory committee made up of 40 Under 40 alumni and Business Review staff.
We have randomly split up this year’s class in to two groups, the first 20 being announced below and the second group will be announced Tuesday.
The first half of 2023 40 Under 40 honorees:
- Sagar Agarwal, operations manager, Bilinski Sausage Manufacturing Co.
- Allen Austin, vice president, director of corporate cash management and administration, Bank of Greene County
- Jason Baright, CEO, G&G Industrial Lighting
- Julie Bush, COO, Corey Jamison Consulting
- Michael Dal Pos, CEO, The Mirbeau Cos.
- Gina DeBonis, director of operations, Community Care Physicians
- Eric DeMichele, president, The Walters Co.
- Megan Druckman, owner and CEO, Lola Saratoga
- Charles Gottlieb, partner, Whiteman Osterman & Hanna
- Candy Huff, executive director, Celsius
- Jackie Kelly, upstate controller, Marshall & Sterling Upstate Inc.
- Nia LaParl, partner, BST & Co. CPAs
- Joseph Mahoney, associate broker, Pyramid Brokerage Co.
- Kelly McNamee, partner, Greenberg Traurig
- Ravi Modasra, owner, The Mohawk Cos.
- Angelique Powell, director of community animation, The Blake Annex
- Lindsey Speach, chief administrative officer/chief people officer, Death Wish Coffee Co.
- Brooke Spraragen, partner, Spraragen Partners
- Jason Zarillo, co-founder and president, Lynkwell
- Kaytrin Ziemann, chief operating officer, Ziemann Hospitality